Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 17, 2012

First Day of School

I couldn't have been more proud of YiMei today.  Only four weeks home and she was able to stay at preschool for one hour.  When we first got there, she thought we were both going to school and was eager to play with the toys. However, when she spotted me leaving the room, she shrieked, "Mama!"  It was very hard to walk away. After twenty two years of teaching, it felt a little strange being the parent of the screaming kid, rather than the teacher today.  I couldn't help but wonder how my students were doing on their second day of school.

 Upon checking in 10 minutes later, they told me that she had allowed the para to calm her down and was able to join the kids for breakfast.  I came back an 45 minutes later and she was sitting quietly in the para's lap, listening to the teacher give instructions.  I am hopeful that she may be able to stay for the entire three hours in a couple of weeks.  I am very blessed to have  access to such a wonderful Early Childhood Program.  I am very impressed with Yi Mei's teacher and am so thankful for the nurturing teacher's aid. 

Here is a picture of Yi Mei on her first day.  She picked out her Chinese outfit and squeaky shoes for the occasion.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of her! You have a sweet and beautiful little daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete