Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Yi Mei!

It is the evening of my daughter's birthday and I am filled with emotion.  Yi Mei turned 5 today and it is our eight month anniversary.  I am continually humbled by the thought of God entrusting me with this beautiful, precious, spirited girl.  She has come so far in these past eight months!  Walking out adoption has been exciting, challenging, stressful but always joyful.  Those times when I am at my wits end, all I have to do is think about how much she has been through and my hope is quick to appear.  She will have many obstacles ahead, as she works to overcome her developmental delays.  I am confident this little fighter will soar.    

The past couple of days have been pure joy.  We had a special dinner last night and a kid's party today.  Yi Mei has been anticipating this birthday for months and I have never seen her so happy.  She squealed with delight at the sight of her new Pink Cadillac and insisted on a test drive despite the rainy weather. Yi Mei's smile melts my heart and how I loved seeing her smile today!





1 comment: