Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Darling Daughter

Upon opening my email today, I found the most delightful surprise.  China sent me an update on Yi Mei's health along with three new pictures.  Yi Mei has grown so much!  The pictures I received upon match were taken at two years of age.  She is now three years and four months.  I had to laugh that the orphanage had her sit on a plastic reindeer for the photo shoot.  She still has her cute round face, but is much taller. Her orphanage is actually quite lovely on the outside- a lush tropical setting.  Based on the appearance of her clothes, she seems to be well taken care of.  This greatly reassures my heart.


Yi Mei, I long for the day we will meet.  Seeing you in these pictures makes me realize how much I am missing out on.  How I wish I could have been there as you took your first steps and said your first words.  I have so many things I want to experience with you- decorating our Christmas tree, reading stories together, trick or treating on Halloween, watching you blow out your birthday candles just to name a few.  You are so beautiful and I can feel God's love for you.  I know you must be very special to His heart, as he selected you from all those children in China to knit you into His family.  You are already so special to me- my love grows stronger for you each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment