Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Night to Remember

I am too excited to sleep tonight.  Thanks to my very thoughtful and amazing friends Sue, Kim, Kathy and Leslie, we were able to raise $2500 dollars toward Yi Mei's adoption.  To be honest, I was very nervous about the fundraising event.  It is very humbling to ask for money, even if it is for such a worthy cause.  If ti weren't for my friends faith in what God could do, this event never would have happened.

I will never forget the generous outpouring of love and support that I received tonight and all through the week.  Five of my coworkers came to support me tonight, which meant the world to me. Patti's sister that I don't even know, Gina's cousin that I have never met and a stranger that Suzann met- all contributed. Then there was Wendy who could not make it but enclosed a check in my favorite book, " I Love You Like Crazy Cakes". One of my dear friends who wants to remain anonymous offered gave me a blank check and asked me to pray about the amount.  Her faith in God's provision inspires my own faith. I know there will be days that I will feel overwhelmed by the financial and emotional challenge of parenting, may I always remember tonight- a testimony that God can do more than I could ever ask or imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment