Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, January 23, 2012

The Year of the Dragon

Today is the start of the Chinese New Year celebration.  I can't help but wonder how Yi Mei is celebrating at her orphanage.  I know that the Chinese take weeks off to celebrate their New Year, attend parades and light fireworks.  The kids are given red envelopes with money, a tradition I hope to continue with Yi Mei. 

Waiting has been hard, but the new picture of Yi Mei in her bright red jacket has encouraged me.
I know it is just a matter of time now.  I love her so much already.  A friend sent me a poem which captures my my heart:

The Gift of Life

I didn't give you the gift of life, 
But in my heart I know
The love I feel is deep and real
As if it had been so.

For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true
Though I didn't give you the gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.

~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment