Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Wait Goes On

You would think that the time would fly now that I am in the home stretch, but each day seems to move at a snails pace. If I get the earlier travel date, there are 56 more days to go. I don't mean to complain, but my heart is so bonded to Yi Mei that every day is one too many. I can't believe how much I love her already. Maybe this waiting has a purpose? God can use this time to grow that love so that when we meet I am able to love away all her pain. Perhaps He is strengthening my love so that I can keep my heart open when she resists the very love that I offer?

I know that this time will soon be a distant memory, but living in limbo is rather difficult for planner types like me. Friends often ask how I stand the wait so I created a list:

Passing the Time While Waiting

Obsessing- check email a zillion times a day

Keep the cell phone handy at all times, just in case there is news

Endless projects- I just finished painting a chair that I found for $5

Nesting- I have spent countless hours cleaning out closets and making trips to Good Will

Look for pictures- other people will post pictures of Yi Mei's orphanage

Read as many books about China and adoption as I can

Search other people's blogs

Shop, shop and shop some more- I have found many treasures on Craig's List

Share the news- I find myself talking to sale's clerks or anyone who will lend an ear

Eat chocolate

3 comments:

  1. How ironic, "eat chocolate" is on my "while I wait" list as well. hee hee. We got LOA, last Tuesday afternoon we got the call. So we are said to travel in July. Remind me, were you DTC in the winter? I belong to a DTC winter 2011-2012 Facebook group and wondered if you are also on there. ~Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to have found your blog!!! So excited for you, your time will come real soon...I love how organized you are. I cant wait till i can pack for Harper...I cant wait to see with your beautifil little girl!!!

    Wishing You All Of God's Wonderful Blessings,

    Sindy...Winter DTC...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose, We are on the DTC group on FB together. Your name first caught my attention a while back as I love it! Your first name is our 9 year-old daughter's middle name. I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. I have read your blog a couple of times and I just wanted you to know that we are super excited for you!!! You are getting so close! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete