Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Its Official!

I got a call at the end of the day informing me that my adoption has been approved.  I have waited 72 days for this letter (known as the LOA).   I was jumping for joy when the China team told me that I would be traveling to pick up Yi Mei in June. 

There are two travel groups leaving in June:  June 6th and June 24th.  Of course, I want to leave with the June 6th group so that I can spend the majority of my summer break with Yi Mei.  The agency said I would most likely be traveling with the latter group, as the paperwork leading to immigration approval can take up to 12 weeks.  I am still holding out for the earlier date, as I know that I have many friends praying and all things are possible with God.

It is celebration time and I am going to celebrate by getting a pedicure with my friends.  I am also going to write a letter to Yi Mei this week and send her  something special.

Here is what the LOA looks like:

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I got your email so I came right over to the blog to share some comment love. I am soooo happy for you. VERY exciting news. We are still waiting, we are on day 55 for LOA. The agency tells me LOA's were held up due to a move of an office location so we may have to wait 90 or more days...but I will keep praying and hoping while I wait. I will also be praying that you get the earliest travel date possible!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete