Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, March 9, 2012

Showered With Love

My dear friends from work threw a shower for Yi Mei today.  Though I new of the shower, I couldn't have been more surprised when I walked into the teacher's lounge to find the tables decked out in pink with green polka dots, origami and the most beautiful bouquet of spring flowers.  In the center of the table was an adorable little girl's suitcase surrounded by gifts bags of every shape and color.  Maureen made her secret family recipe cupcakes for dessert. 

The teachers gave Yi Mei some wonderful items to play with while we are in China, as well as new pajamas and CD's and DVD's.  We also received all kinds of gift cards- I look forward to taking  Yi Mei out for her first ice cream cone and cherry limeade this summer.

We truly have everything we need and I feel blessed beyond measure.  I may not be able to pack her clothes yet, but I am going to pack her suitcase with toys for the trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment