Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, December 30, 2011

Off to Beijing

Holt called me today to let me know that my paperwork is on its way to China.
I am thrilled that is will arrive before the year's end.  I am so amazed how quickly .everything got processed (especially considering my paperwork was sent over Christmas).  Six weeks from now I will receive a letter of acceptance.  I will send that off to the USCIS for final immigration approval.  The USCIS will send it to the US consulate in China, upon which my travel dates will be granted.  This whole process should take five to nine months.

I can now picture myself in China in the spring.  Now is the time to pull out the Rosetta Stone Chinese CD.

1 comment:

  1. I see you waving in the window. That is me to the right...hmmm..not a very good hair day...LOL ;) We popped our dossier in the mail to Holt today, the culmination of such hard work (and like you, so many hard bumps in the road). Hope to be DTC very, very soon. Hope all is going well for you. Hang in there, God will take care of all us in this process. Happy Chinese New Year.

    ReplyDelete