Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Another Glitch

Fortunately the Consulate sent my incorrect dossier  back and I was able to thread all of the staples through by hand.  I am so grateful for Maureen's help with that.  Not only did she help with the staples; she found an error that the MO Secretary of State had made.  I managed to get downtown two minutes before the downtown office closed. Everything was mailed out again last Saturday. 

Just when I thought I was through, I found out that singles now have to file two additonal forms.  I have had to do many ridiculous things since I have started this process, but the latest tops them all.  The Chinese government now requires singles to write a statement verifying they are heterosexual.  This even tops the photos that I had Rhonda take of me cooking, sewing and reading with every inch of my skin covered.   Of course, no family pets were allowed in the picture- dogs are considered a meal in China.  These requirements remind me how fortunate I am to live in a country where women are perceived very differently.

These two new forms will also have to go to the Secretary of State and the Consulate in Chicago.  I was so worried about my staple error and the time it cost me.  It looks like my process will be delayed anyway.
All this has been a reminder that I cannot control this process.  God is in control and will bring Yi Mei at the right time.  It is also a reminder that I need to get better about asking for help.  Thank goodness Craig is willing to take the new documents downtown tomorrow and I will be able to fed ex these new documents to the embassy by Saturday.  I am still hoping that I can get my dossier to China by Jan. 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment