Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Bump in the Road


My glee quickly spiraled into worry tonight, as I reread the 150 page guidebook..  I found out that I was not supposed to remove any of the staples from my documents.  I think I may have blown it.  The Chinese Consulate needed a third copy so I removed all the staples to photocopy today.  I just sent an email to my friends asking everybody to pray. 

If I have to do the state certification all over it will cost me another $120, not to mention precious time.  I can't bear the thought that my errors have delayed this adoption.  The desire of my heart is to have Yi Mei here by spring.  I want to have five months with her before she starts school next fall.  Each week that passes, it seem more impossible. I all I can do as keep pushing through the glitches and not let them get me down. I am holding onto the reality that God already knows when Yi Mei will arrive- all He asks me to do is trust His perfect will.

"Trust the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Acknowledge the Lord in all your ways and He will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment