Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Yi Mei's Shower

Angela and Sandy threw Yi Mei and I shower.  The guests were all the wonderful girlfriends that I met through Church of The Resurrection Singles Group.  My dear friends Nancy and Kathy and my colleagues Maureen, Christine and Debra were also there.  I couldn't have been more blessed (well maybe if my mom had been able to make it).

The shower was planned around the princess theme.  Several of the gifts also were chosen based on the princess theme.  I think it is prophetic, as she will feel like a princess as she is adored by her mother, many aunts and Jesus. There was even a picture of Yi Mei in a princess frame. She now has a princess scooter, a barbie, hello kitty sleeping bag and back pack, a play tent, her first doll, a stroller, an apron (mom has a matching apron too), a cow pillow pet and two very special bibles.  Angela had made the most delectable cheesecake.  My favorite game was guessing what was on  the tray.  Angela had put loads of goodies on the tray and they were all part of my gift.

I am so blessed by my friendships!  Sandy said something that truly touched my heart about everybody feeling like they already knew and loved Yi Mei.  I stand amazed that a beautiful, brown-eyed girl on the other side of the world has already won the hearts of so many... I am still overwhelmed that my friends love my daughter... alreadyThough you are halfway around the world, I hope you can feel our love, darling daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment