Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Flights Scheduled

My emotions are swinging all over the place.  Worry, fear, stress coupled with pure anticipation.  I scheduled my flight yesterday and there is still so much left to do..  I can't believe it... in 10days I will be holding my baby girl (a four year old Chinese baby). 

I can't help but wonder... Will she like me?  What will our first meeting be like?  My mind has been consumed with thoughts of her these past few days.  Though she may be screaming and kicking as I take her away from all that is familiar,  I also know that the beginning of a deep bond will take place.

I also know that God has gone before me and He will be with me on every step of this journey- He is my the shade at my right hand and my front and rear guard.  God made a way for my dear friend to accompany me.  The agency granted permission for us to leave a week prior to their scheduled group, which is rarely ever ever heard of.  I still get overwelmed when I think about the way He has provided for me financially through the generousity of others.  "My cup overflows, surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life."


3 comments:

  1. What an emotional strollercoaster you must be on right now! It is so good to see how He works through these adoptions, and that you're friend is able to come with you. Wonderful to know they both will be with you as you and your little one start your family journey together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! So nice that your friend can come with you. I will be praying for your trip and I am anxious to follow along with your journey. Just remember that if things are hard in China and she doesn't connect with you well- that is not the way it will always be...I can testify to that!

    ReplyDelete