Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

TA!!!

Monday I received the call which I have been waiting for over a year.  My travel approval was granted for July 5th with a "Gotcha Day" of July 9th.

 In just 10 more days, I will be able to gaze into her sweet little face, wrap my arms around her and call her by name.  I will be able to finally tell her how beautiful she is and how much she is loved. 

There is a Chinese proverb that speaks of an invisible red thread that connects a child to all the people in her past and future life.  I like to think of the red thread as the invisible hand of God that has destined Yi Mei to come into my life.  I know it is no accident that He selected this special little girl to become my daughter.  She was meant for me and I for her.  I am excited beyond measure to begin our journey together!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!!! Holy Cow that's soon, but after waiting this long it probably doesn't seem like it ;)
    Now your mad dash to get it all together starts, while daydreaming of Gotcha Day (and every day after) plays in the back of your mind on a continuous loop (or so that's how I imagine it ;) )
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete