Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Still Waiting

Yes, I am still waiting for my Travel Approval.  The issues with my immigration paperwork set me back a month, pushing my TA to the last week of June.  If my agency is able to arrange a consulate appt. last minute, I will be able to join the next travel group (June 29th - July 15).  If they can't get a last minute, appointment, I will have to travel with the July 12th group.  This living in limbo is killing me! I watch the airfare go up in price every week and long to buy a ticket.   

Contrary to what I imagined, I am not having any difficulty finding ways to occupy my time during my summer vacation.  I do think about Yi Mei all the time, but have been able to enjoy afternoons by the pool, finding treasures on Craig's List and the extra time to finish projects.  I am in the middle of putting miniature shingles on the roof and painting a beautiful dollhouse my friend Kim gave Yi Mei.  I finally put together Yi Mei's Disney scooter (a special gift from my friend Nancy) and also found a Disney art desk to match.

Please pray for a very quick TA.  They can happen as quick as 12 days or as long as three weeks.  I need to make the next travel group for many reasons, the main one being my friend Kathy cannot come in mid July.  I also have made some wonderful friends through a FB adoption group and they are traveling in late June. Yi Mei's preschool screening is August 3rd, I will need some time in July to help adjust prior to the screening.  Pray, pray, pray!

Here is a picture of my Craig's List find and the scooter:

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that you are still waiting- I will pray for a quick TA for you. We got ours very quickly and many people say the speed is determined by the province, so I think you have a good chance of getting it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hopes are high for the June travel date! You and Yi Mei are in my prayers daily!!

    ReplyDelete