Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, July 9, 2011

It Takes a Village

It has been an incredible past few days!  God has confirmed my decision to adopt in so many ways.  I have had seven people offer to throw me a shower. Nancy went out and bought Yi Mei a storage system for her toys, ribbons for her hair, underwear, a princess blanket and socks- I am now set with all the essentials. She also had an extra bed that is the most beautiful girl's bed that I have ever seen.  Yi Mei will really feel like a princess now.  Jackie Mc Kain brought over clothes that Katie has grown out of and my friend Genene gave me the most gorgeous roses.  The roses were two-tone, yellow with red piping.  In the center she placed a single red rose representing Yi Mei and all the love surrounding her. 

I was at a barbecue at Debby's house tonight and my girlfriend's spouses were just as excited as their wives.  Sandy's daughter who I have only met once, sent me money to help bring Yi Mei home.  All this love and support has meant the world to me, as my own family can not embrace the idea just yet.  Suzann sent me a wonderful card stating "Remember you are not alone, it takes a village to raise a child and we are your village".

No comments:

Post a Comment