Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nesting

I have been staying up very late this past week.  I am so fortunate to have summer to devote to this adoption and I have been throwing myself into it full force. 

I have had the urge to sort through everything.  I have heard this is what happens when you are expecting.  I guess the same thing happens when you are adopting.  Even though technically you are not with child, you are pregnant with expectation.  As I have been cleaning out my closets, I have found that I have way too much clothes!!!  I have four closets full of clothes, plus a dresser in Yi Mei's room.  Something has to give, if I want to make room for her clothes/toys.

I have also decided that Yi Mei needs a special bedroom.  Even though the guest bedroom has flowered wall paper and already looks like a girl's room, I want her to love her bedroom when she first comes home.  Rhonda and I painted the walls lime green.  I found some cute pink valences with hearts and the perfect bedspread on sale.  I also found some green/pink dragonfly decals that were reduced from $20 to $2.  I felt the valences, bedspread and decals were all little gifts from God- His way of expressing delight over my decision to become a parent. Rhonda and Tony bought Yi Mei a beautiful ceiling fan that just completes the room. The room looks so cute now!  Every time I walk down the hall, I find myself wanting to stop in to take a peek.

1 comment:

  1. This looks cute. I have been nesting as well. fluff fluff. some days it is fun, some days it is an all out "ocd" fit.

    ReplyDelete