Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Up to My Ears

At the very onset of summer vacation , I began filling out forms and more forms.  Employment verification, financial disclosure, medical history, credit history, legal history and more.  I had to submit to a criminal background check and finger printing, as well as  ask six friends to write personal references. All these documents had to be completed prior to my home study.   Now I will begin the final and most time consuming part of the process, completing the dossier.  Up until this summer, I had never even heard of a dossier and now it is part of my everyday conversation.  A Dossier is essentially your life story. 

thought I would list out some of the things I will be working on just to give you an idea of how much is involved...

*Complete 10 hours of training on international adoption
* Write an 8-10 page autobiography

*Write application letter
*Physical and blood test

*Obtain certified copy of birth certificate
*Write a letter on my view of marriage (requirement for singles)

*Letters from employer (completed)
*Letters of recommendation(completed)
*Copies of tax returns (completed)
*Letter from bank and bank statements
*Write statement verifying I am heterosexual
*Have passport photos taken
*Power of Attorney forms
*Police clearance letter(completed)
*Immigration clearance
*Fingerprints/background checks (one complete, need FBI fingerprinting)


All of the documents I have to collect must also be notarized, certified, and/or authenticated... so you can see why I will be up to my ears in paperwork!





No comments:

Post a Comment