Waiting to Adopt Yi Mei

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Little Girl

I took Yi Mei's report to the pediatrician today.  I was anxious to hear his take on the Chinese report.  The agency gives you a week to change your mind and I was counting on today's appointment to make my official decision.  The doctor confirmed that Yi Mei was a healthy little girl with no developmental delays.  He also said that a deformed auricle is not a huge issue in Western countries and that she may not even need surgery.  If she has an ear canal, they may try to restore hearing. If not, she will live a normal life with one good hearing ear.  This was report was music to my ears!

Holt also put me in touch with another family that adopted a girl with the same condition.  Evidently this little girl is thriving and the surgery was only a matter of putting tubes in her ears. I was very grateful for this phone call and for the encouragement of Jackie and Nancy. I was reminded  that if everybody waited until they had enough money to start a family, nobody would become a parent.

It is official.  I am adopting Lu Yi Mei. From hear on out, it will be a journey of faith.  Faith that God will provide enough money for this adoption and to cover her medical needs/insurance when she gets here. 

After pouring over many name books, I have decided to keep her Chinese name.  It is a beautiful name and it just doesn't seem right to take away her history.  Her middle name will be Elise, which means God's promise.

 Friends have already commented that she looks like me with her haircut.  I find this pleasantly amusing.

"Delight in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of your heart"

No comments:

Post a Comment